OPEN CALL: September 1st, 2022
DEADLINE: October 18, 2022
SoloSerieS in synergy with BBC Studios launches a call for Latin American fiction series projects in development stage.
The prestigious British company BBC Studios will select ten projects that will be presented at the Ventana Sur 2022 Market from November 28 to December 2, having exposure to the main professionals in the industry.
A specialized jury will select 2 winning projects, which will be announced during the closing ceremony, and will be awarded with a three-month mentorship sponsored by BBC Studios, in order to promote Latin American series production.
Conditions for the presentation of series
- Fiction series with a minimum duration of 25 minutes per episode, and a minimum of 3 episodes can participate.
- Projects must be in the development stage.
- Projects can be presented by Latin American authors and / or producers.
- Only one project per person can be submitted.
- Projects should be written in Spanish and English.
- Only projects for which the complete documentation (registration form and required documentation) have been submitted before the deadline will be considered. Priority will be given to those projects that present the requested video pitch.
- The project must not have already been previously acquired by a television channel or platform.
- . The deadline to submit the material is October 16, 2022 at 00 hours in Argentina. The selected projects will be announced at the beginning of November.
SELECTION AND SUPPORT
– A specialized jury will select up to ten projects.
– The finalist project will be part of SoloSerieS Pitching Sessions, which will take place from November 28 through December 2 in the Ventana Sur Market. Authors will have the opportunity to share their project pitches and promote their projects to international industry professionals registered in the event.
– Each project will receive a free accreditation for Ventana Sur 2022 that can be used by its representative.
– Accommodation and transportation costs are the responsibility of the person in charge of the project.
– The pitch as well as the interaction with specialists and jury members will be in Spanish and English.
– In case of remaining among those selected, the organization may ask the projects for additional actions on their presentation (video pitch subtitling, delving into a section of the folder, etc.)
“A personalized mentorship sponsored by BBC Studios, lasting three months”
This mentorship has the objective of advising and training the project presented in the pitching, motivating the exchange of creative, professional and strategic experiences.
The mentoring will take place via zoom, scheduling two weekly sessions for three months with Karina Dolgiej: Vice President of Content Sales at BBC Studios with more than 20 years of experience in the Entertainment Industry and a solid track record in sales and specialized programming in the Hispanic American region and The United States.
– Application for projects is free.
– All selected projects and information about the authors will appear on Ventana Sur’s web site and in its social media.
– It is possible that the information and images presented may be used in promotional materials for SoloSerieS Pitching Sessions and/or Ventana Sur.
– Any circumstance not provided for in these Terms and Conditions will be resolved by the event authorities.
DOCUMENTATION FOR THE APPLICATION
A – Online application. (Go to the application form)
B- A single DOSSIER file in PDF with the following information (attached to the application):
- Title (In Spanish and English) and country (include all countries involved in the co-production, if any).
- Information of the production company (e-mail address, telephone number, website, if any).
- Technical information (length of each episode, number of episodes, genre, tone, and target audience).
- Logline (in Spanish and English) (summary of the project in one sentence)
- Long synopsis of the project (in Spanish and English), maximum 4 pages.
- Plot lines of three episodes (in Spanish and English), maximum of 1,000 characters per episode.
- Character descriptions (in Spanish and English).
- Aesthetic Proposal (in Spanish and English), maximum of one page.
- Name and biography of directors, screenwriters, and producers (in Spanish and English), maximum of 300 characters each.
- In case of being based on a pre-existing work, attach a note showing the rights for use of that work.
Requirements and content VIDEO PITCH (optional)
The intention of the video pitch is for the director to tell a brief synopsis of the project, reflecting the dramatic turns of the story, the genre, the target audience, and any information they consider of interest, or that differentiates the project.
- Video file: .mp4 or .mov
- Video codec: H264 or Apple ProRes
- Video resolution: FullHD 1920px X 1080px
- Frame rate: 24 img/sec or 25 img/sec or 30 img/sec
- Video output: Constant Bite Rate (CBR) mini 10 Mbps, maxi16
- Mbps Audio channels: Stereo Audio codec: AAC Audio output: mini 256Kbps, maxi 512Kbps
- Language: Spanish with subtitles in English or English with Spanish subtitles, should be printed directly in the image.
- Maximum length: 5 minutes.
– The video pitches of the selected projects will be uploaded to the Ventana Sur platform and will be available to those registered during the market sessions.
Please verify that the file has the title of the project in the name. Remember that your registration will not be complete until you submit all the required documents.
Registrations are closed