FEATURE FILM SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
– This call is open to IBERO-AMERICAN feature film productions that had their commercial premiere more than 10 years ago and are ready to be marketed for the development of new versions (Remakes).
– They can be submitted by creators, producers and/or distributors who have documented possession of the CHAIN OF TITLE of the work and the possibility of marketing it internationally.
– Only productions for which the complete documentation (application form and required documentation) has been submitted before the CLOSING DATE OF THIS CALL FOR PRODUCERS will be considered.
CLOSING DATE OF THE CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: OCTOBER 13, 2023
SELECTION AND AWARD
– The jury, appointed by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences of Argentina, will make a pre-selection of up to 15 productions, which will be presented at the Videolibrary of Ventana Sur 2023 (See Specifications (*)) and, among them, up to 8 finalist productions that will be part of Remakes Pitching Sessions, which will take place between November 27 and December 1 at the Ventana Sur Market.
– Each finalist project will receive two free accreditations for Ventana Sur 2023 that will be used by its representative.
– In addition to the preparation of the in-person pitch, each finalist must submit a video pitch of their feature film by November 6, 2023.
– Both the pitch and the interaction with the specialists and jurors will be in English or Spanish, to be determined.
(*)Technical specifications for presentation in VIDEO LIBRARY:
– Maximum size : 200GB;
– Accepted formats : mp4, avi, mkv, mpeg, mpg, m4v, f4v, mov, qt, ogg, ogv, webm, wmv, flv;
– The file must be multiplexed (audio and video in one file).
– Accepted framerates (fps) : 23.976, 24, 24.976, 25, 30, 48, 50, 59.94, 60.
– Codec : H264 (preferred – faster upload), Apple ProRes (longer upload);
– Minimum bitrate : 3Mbps for 720p and 5Mbps for 1080p.
– Minimum resolution : 1280 x 720 (Standard 720p High Definition). Better quality can be achieved with 1920 x 1080 (Full 1080p High Definition).
– Upload only progressive or de-interlaced video.
– Codec : AAC;
– Minimum bitrate : 256 Kbps;
– Upload only Stereo audio.
– Those representing the finalist feature films will receive an instruction sheet.
– The video pitch must be submitted by November 6, 2023, respecting the following technical specifications:
Technical specifications for audio and video:
File type: .mp4 or .mov
Video codec: H264 or Apple ProRes
Video resolution: FullHD: 1920px X 1080px
Frame rate: 24 img/sec or 25 img/sec or 30 img/sec
Video output: Constant Bite Rate (CBR) mini 10 Mbps, maxi16
Mbps Audio channels: Stereo Audio codec: AAC Audio output: mini 256Kbps, maxi 512 Kbps
Sample rate: 48000 Hz
Language: Spanish or Portuguese with English subtitles
Maximum length: 6 minutes (including opening and closing credits).
– It is worth clarifying that the video pitch that does not comply with any of the instructions or that is delivered after the deadline will not be considered.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
– Registration for feature films is free of charge.
– All selected feature films and information about their authors will appear on the Market’s website and social networks.
– Any circumstance not foreseen in these Terms and Conditions will be resolved by the authorities of the event.
– The organization reserves the right to revoke the jury’s decision if deemed necessary.
– By accepting these terms and conditions, you authorize Ventana Sur to reproduce and publish free of charge the graphic and audiovisual materials provided in the registration in its social networks and media.
– Registration for the presentation of a feature film implies acceptance of these regulations and the commitment on the part of the submitter to guarantee the presence of a representative at the event if the feature film is a finalist.
DOCUMENTATION FOR REGISTRATION:
A- Online registration including an affidavit from the submitter certifying that they own the rights to the work for international commercialization for the purpose of reversion.
B- The PDF file must be sent via a download link to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
C- Link and password to the feature film:
IMPORTANT: Make sure that the file name includes the original title of the feature film. Your registration will not be considered complete until you have submitted all required documents.
Feature Film Entry Form for REMAKES